Customization: 1) At the beginning of the script from step 6, we have this section:

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Strawberry Pancake (For age: 12+ months)

“Breakfast is the most important meal of the day” too often we hear this, right? Ya, we all love to have something savory, salty or sweet for breakfast to start our day. Yes, we do enjoy our breakfast. But, what about our kids? I know, there are few Moms who are having a hard time giving breakfast to their kids. I was one of them. Every morning it was the same struggle for me to get him to eat his breakfast. I feel bad trying to force him to eat. Yes, that was a tough time for me. I took some more time to get him into the routine of eating his breakfast. Later I realized that, he likes a little variety everyday. So I started to offer different things and YES, that worked.

There are so many great breakfast recipes around you.  Here is another one that turned out perfect for my son! Strawberry Pancake. What I love about pancake is how easy it is to make. You can make funny shapes with the batter, you can change the color, and you can add whatever you want into the mix. Few days back, I tried this delicious strawberry pancake recipe and I got thrilled with the way my son and husband tasted it. This pancake recipe is an amazing way to enjoy breakfast with your little-one.

So here’s how you make this:

Ingredients (4-6 servings)
All-purpose flour- 1 cup
Milk- 1 cup
Egg- 1
Butter, melted- 1 Tbsp
Strawberries- 4 large size, sliced 
Baking powder- 1 and 1/2 Tsp
Sugar- 1 Tbsp
Salt, to taste

Process
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, egg, baking powder, melted butter, sugar and salt.

Step 2: Place the sliced strawberries in a microwave safe bowl and cook at high power for 2 minutes (or until strawberries are soft). This is needed, since if you use them fresh, the moisture in the strawberries will make mushy battery taste pancake. 

Step 3: Lightly mash the strawberries with a spoon and add this strawberry sauce to the batter already prepared (Step 1), and mix until everything well combined.

Step 4: Now start adding milk until you get the desired consistency. This should yield a very light pink color batter. I usually keep the batter thin while I make it for my son.

Step 5: Heat the pan over medium heat and lightly coat it with butter. Add batter into the pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to form in the batter. Flip them with a spatula and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining batter. 

Delicious strawberry pancakes are ready to serve. Serve it with butter and some fresh cut strawberries. 












KEEP CALM AND EAT PANCAKE


No comments:

Post a Comment