Customization: 1) At the beginning of the script from step 6, we have this section:

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Pumpkin Puree (For age 6 months+)

I know winter is almost here, but I thought, I would share a fall season special pumpkin recipe this time. Pumpkins are actually a symbol of fall. I am always excited to see pumpkin patches in fall, it will make me feel like the holidays season is around the corner.

Pumpkins are very healthy for everyone including kids. These are low in fat and carbohydrates but filled with fiber, vitamins A and E, riboflavin, and minerals like iron and potassium. 

You can make fabulous baby food using pumpkin. Pumpkin puree is the best one for solid starters and infant. My son was a big fan of pumpkin puree when he was an infant, but now his favorite is “pumpkin soup”. I will be sharing pumpkin soup recipe later in this blog. This time I am sharing pumpkin puree recipe. Hope your little-one will love this. You can store them in refrigerator for up to a week and keep them in the freezer for up to 2 months.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!





Ingredients
Pumpkin, small size
Salt and pepper, a pinch (Avoid pepper if your little-one is a solid starter)


Method
Step 1: Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise. Scrape out all of the inside guts and cut off the stem.

Step 2: Peel off the skin and cut them into cubes. I know it is not easy to peel off pumpkin skin since it is harder, but you can.

Step 3: Cook them by adding salt and pepper (I cook them in my pressure cooker by giving 1 whistle by adding 2 OZ of water or you can use the way you usually steam or cook your vegetables).


Step 4: Blend them in a blender until you get smooth creamy consistency. You can add breast milk or formula to get desired consistency. Pumpkin puree is ready to serve. Enjoy!

Cut the pumpkin in half

Cook them by adding salt and pepper

Pumpkin pieces are very well cooked. Blend them until you get smooth consistency.

HAPPY COOKING!


No comments:

Post a Comment