Customization: 1) At the beginning of the script from step 6, we have this section:

Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Toy Story for Mother’s Day


Mother's Day is just a couple of days away. The other day, I found this anonymous quotation online “A Mother holds her children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever”. I thought I would start this blog post with this wonderful writing! I'd also like to dedicate this blog to my beautiful Mother. Thank you for everything Amma! I Love you!

No matter how old you are, where you come from, or what you are we all have or had a mother. She is the only person who accepts you, no matter what mistakes you make. When you become a mother you finally realize, what your mother went through and realize that, bringing a new life into this world is the most amazing and the most difficult thing in this world. 

Sometimes I think that, I am being so silly nowadays. I wish to share a tiny story of me being a silly Mommy. My son absolutely obsessed with vehicle toys, especially Hot wheels cars, Thomas Engine, Construction vehicles….His first car toy was a Hot wheels Red Car and now he has more than 100 hot wheels and still he is excited when he gets a new one. He used to call that Red car as VICA since he got it when he was just started to talk. His Daddy bought that car for him. It was his absolute favorite toy. But somehow VICA missed since few months and once in a while he was asking me “Mama Can we look for VICA (still he calls that car VICA)”, and we both will be looking everywhere for VICA, but we could not find it. I was also little sad while he was asking about VICA. So I bought him almost same Hot wheels Red car, but he was not fully happy with that even though he played with it. Few weeks back while I was cleaning my kitchen I saw something underneath my cooking stove. It was his VICA. I don’t know how much happy I was. When I showed it to my son I cannot express his happiness and he told me to make a call to Daddy to tell that we got back our VICA!! I guess, I am not alone being silly like this but I have become THAT silly Mom and I enjoy it!!




Wishing all of you and your Mother’s a very happy “MOTHER’S DAY”.

Sharing a wonderful recipe of “Blooming Onion” along with today’s post.


Ingredients
Onion: Medium size, 2
For batter
Milk: 2 cups
All-purpose flour- 1 cup
Paprika- 1 Tbsp
Pepper- 1 Tsp
Garlic powder- 1/3 Tsp
All spice powder- 1/3 Tsp
Salt- 1 Tsp
Oil for frying, I chose canola oil

Method

Step 1: Milk batter
In a large size bowl combine milk, all-purpose flour (1/4 cup), paprika, pepper, all spice, garlic powder and salt together. Mix them very well.

Step 2: Onion slicing
Remove onion skin and keep it on a flat surface by face down. Now use a sharp, large knife to slice the onion several times down the center to create petals. Now spread the petals.

Step 3: All-purpose flour mix
Mix remaining all-purpose flour with little bit of salt and paprika.

Step 4: Dip onion in milk batter and take it out. Now sprinkle all-purpose flour mix all over the separated petals. Again dip it in milk batter or pour milk batter in all over the onion petals and then to all-purpose flour mix. Now keep it in the freezer at least for an hour.

Step 5: Now heat oil in a pan (since I have deep fryer, I used it for frying), and when it becomes hot, fry onion petals until it becomes golden color. Flip it and cook it until you get golden blooming onion. Take it out from oil and let it drain on a paper towel.








Delicious crunchy “Blooming onion” is ready to serve. Serve with ketchup or mayonnaise. If you want to keep the dip inside blooming onion, you need to take out few petals from the center and put small dish for dip in the center. Enjoy!

HAPPY COOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment